Nothing better than extending your beach house space outdoors by creating a "living" room atmosphere. Maybe start with a rug to define your space and then layer from there! Add pillows, cushions, lanterns or maybe even an outdoor lighting fixture. So much fun to pull these looks together.
All year long, I've been collecting coastal outdoor rooms on our Coastal Outdoor Living Pinterest Board, for spring and summer inspiration. Have to share a few of my faves! Would love to know what you think -
1. Malibu Blues from Coastal Living Magazine. Wow. Just wow, look at that view. Love the collection of outdoor throw pillows and that large outdoor lantern.... does not get much better than that!
2. Modern and Fabulous from Traditional Home! Stripes in seaside shades, anchored with an outdoor "sea grass" like rug. Love it.
3. White wicker always says "Beach House" to me! Very welcoming with light blue over-stuffed cushions and a table made for appy's and cocktails. (not sure of image source - sorry)
4. Discovered at Nesting with Grace (adorable blog!) Love how she painted the deck with wide stripes - too fun and so creative.
5. Spotted at Completely-Coastal - really, really like the tailored nautical look of the cushions in navy blue with white piping. The view is not bad either.....
6. Spotted at House of Turquoise, how could you not fall in love with a Tobi Fairley design? Can you imagine the grand party you could have at this poolside patio?
7. Always one of my faves from HGTV Magazine! Especially since our pillows were featured inside this issue... Love the color combos, the pile of pillows to welcome lounging and laughing with friends!
8. Go Nautical and create the perfect party deck! Awesome decor and maritime fun colors from Barclay Buttera, spotted at Completely-Coastal (one of my all-time design crushes..)
9. Who says coastal decorating always has to be blue or aqua? Pink and orange are so inviting!
10. Another non-blue idea featuring a gorgeous natural driftwood table, and an amazing lighting fixture!
11. Softness and sea shell neutrals - so pretty and versatile for any beach home, no matter which coast you call home! Source
12. Fabulous Boathouse project from Anne Hepfer (I have a HUGE design crush on her work!) Now, let's talk about that driftwood mirror.....
13. "Greenery" Outdoor room featuring our indoor-outdoor Brisa Rug - love the idea of a romantic oasis!
14. Just add hammocks? With an ocean view, and soft sea breezes, maybe not a whole lot else is needed? Sand Dollars by the Sea Rug featured
15. Light and Bright from Bungalow Blue Interiors Blog (a beautiful design blog that I could easily get lost in....)