Wow - is almost November already? We've been crazy busy at Caron's Beach House getting ready for holiday sales and adding a ton of new coastal products to our site.Time to take a break this weekend - and try out some new a new fall themed cocktail before our company arrives for Thanksgiving!
We have to make sure that we serve the best one, right? Tom and I love this easy Honeycrisp Apple Sangria!
A wonderful Autumn creations with red wine, my favorite apples and brandy. YUM. Discovered on the very cute blog - Sally's Baking Addiction
- 3 cinnamon sticks (plus more for garnish)
- 2 honeycrisp apples, chopped (our fave!!)
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 1 (750 ml) bottle red wine (don't use expensive wine - no need)
- 1 and 3/4 cups apple cider
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- juice from 1 lemon
- club soda, to taste
- Place the cinnamon sticks, apples, and orange slices in a large pitcher. Add wine, apple cider, brandy, orange juice, and lemon juice. Allow to sit in the refrigerator for 6 - 24 hours. This melding process is a MUST for good Sangria.
- If you'd like a cinnamon-sugar rim (Sally highly recommends), simply moisten the rim of your glasses with water, turn the glass upside down and dip it into a mix of cinnamon and sugar. Pour in the sangria with apples and orange slices and add a splash of club soda Garnish with a cinnamon stick or apple slice.
Stemless Wine Glasses would be the perfect way to serve this fall-themed sangria - especially if you are lucky enough to be able to entertain outside in warmer climates. Less risk of tipping over!
Just for fun - try a new Flamingo Flock glass! (notice that one is walking against the flow...)