It's that time of year - break out the Red, White and Blue!
1. Cute cottage room from Shannon at Fox Hollow Cottage - Adding red,white and blue themed coastal pillows (don't you just love First Mate rectangle pillow!?) and voila', Shannon's room is ready for a Memorial Day weekend or Fourth of July party. Using American Flags always sets the mood!
2. Adorable, fresh summer space created at Country Living Magazine! A wonderful combination of traditional coastal accents; the rope lamp, coral specimens and a large starfish, mixed with red, white and blue pillows plus a vintage quilt, make this room instantly come alive with American summer style!
3. Spotted at Southern Living, a color-filled sun porch, created in Galveston, Texas with a distinct Northeast flair. Love it! Anchored with one of our favorite nautical wool rugs at Caron's Beach House, this space looks incredibly warm and inviting!
Fun, and Fab! Blue Sails Hooked Wool Rug
4. Kristy's fresh tablescape for a patriotic party.. Also notice the red, white and blue throw pillows in the background that pull the entire open concept room together! From Starfish Cottage Blog. Looks inviting and very "coastal farmhouse" with the cottage-styled linens and natural textures.
5. Ready for an outdoor party? This idea is so simple; just add red, white and blue stripes. An absolute "can't miss" coastal look! Timeless American style that is so easy to mix and match with other pillows to create a different look for any time of the year. P.S. Garden stools are the PERFECT accessory for an extra side table or seating! (Source: Ciao Newport Beach)
We have some fab cabana outdoor pillows that we've added in just the past month that would work great for this outdoor space! (all under $24.00!!)
Or maybe try some fun signal flag styled throw pillows?
6. Patriotic Colors without the flags - I like it! Feels like summer 4th of July holidays, without the "overboard nautical" cliche decor'. From Amanda Nesbit (one of my design crushes!)
7. Think this might be originally from Pottery Barn (love what they do!) Re-discovered at Completely-Coastal Fun idea of using the vintage-like buoys to create an wall art display and add the red, white and blue details.
8. A little bit over the top with nautical and red, white and blue - but I still like it! Love the vintage ships' wheel, perfect for a maritime cottage style. (Source: Town and Country Living)
9. Modern, with a hint of coastal whimsy (cool art!) I just love this eclectic room. A classic blue and white striped rug anchors this room and then everything else is layered in. See how creating your perfect room, that reflects your travels and your family does not have to be "matchy-matchy"? Flag pillow added for a patriotic touch! (so sorry, not sure of the source)
10. And last, but not least - an adorable beach bedroom redo in red, white and blue from Thistlewood Farms. So fun, and fresh! I could even try this idea in our home - start with a white "canvas" and layer in the coastal patterns with pillows, lighting and fun art. The blue and white striped bench is a wonderful accent to complete the space!
What do you think? Do you decorate for the 4th of July? Or with a nautical red, white and blue theme? Would love to see your rooms!
Have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend! You will find us with a good book, sitting by the Pacific Ocean.....
P.S. Check out our specially curated collection of Coastal Red, White and Blue Decor!
Post a Comment