Sounds so yummy!
Lemon Cucumber Simple Syrup:
- 2 lemons: juice both, zest 1
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cucumber peeled: 1/2 for simple syrup, 1/2 for garnish
- 4 oz. gin
- 1 oz. lemon cucumber simple syrup
- 1 oz. dry white vermouth
- 8 large leaves sweet basil, well muddled
Lemon Cucumber Simple Syrup -
- Zest 1 of the 2 lemons, and set aside. Squeeze juice from both into a glass measuring cup. Add water to equal 1 cup. Add to a small saucepan along with the sugar.
- Bring just to a simmer, stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Reduce heat to low. Do not boil!
- Add 12 - 1/2" thick slices of cucumber to the saucepan. Simmer (not boil) 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add lemon zest. Cool completely. Strain into a jar, and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Add gin, lemon cucumber simple syrup, vermouth, muddled basil and ice to a cocktail shaker.
- Shake well. Strain into glass. If you have an aversion to flecks of basil, use a fine mesh strainer.
- Garnish with thin slices of cucumber
Make sure to pop over to Beyond Mere Sustenance for more details and more fun ideas for entertaining by the sea! More Here
Don't forget to use your favorite martini glasses!
Perfect for weddings, house warming gifts and more
Have a wonderful weekend!
Post a Comment