It's where I keep my family treasures, stacks of shelter magazines, piles of books and at least 3 pairs of glasses - lol! (P.S. this is a super-cleaned up version of what it normally looks like!)
I've been collecting beachy bedrooms ideas on my Beachy Bedroom Pinterest board, for our expanding bedding category at Caron's Beach House, and thought I would share a few of my favorite coastal bedroom retreats with you. What do you think?
From Cottage Living - yep, Tom would definitely have a difficult time getting me out of this room!
What can I say? Need a book and a set of binoculars and I would not need to leave this room for a week!
Pretty in Pink from Coastal Living! Just makes me happy.
So fun! Discovered at House of Turquoise, apparently it is Erin's Dream Cottage. Pretty darn cute, I could move in too.
Who can resist Lily Pulitzer?? Not me!
Love this look from Coastal Living! Maybe it's the twin oyster shell mirrors, or just the light blues and white bedding?
From Completely-Coastal - love love love the crab trio above the bed and the wicker-driftwood lamps!
Wrapping up with this pretty seaside bedroom from Barclay Butera - discovered at Ciao! Newport Beach Love the mix of nautical elements (trunk, telescope, etc.) with red, white and blues - not necessarily "nautical".
Remember, changing your bedroom accents and accessories is relatively inexpensive and can give you a whole new look.
1. Add a "beachy" lamp - don't get me started, I could think of a million ideas! Maybe just a coastal designed shade on an existing lamp? Think white linen, burlap, or wicker...
2. Add some natural wicker accents. Baskets for books or magazines
3. Cover an inexpensive table with a beautiful cloth or even a sea-themed scarf for a new side table
4. Use an existing cozy throw from your living room.
5. Mix up your art in a new pattern on the wall, or arrange your tucked away family photos in new frames.
6. Don't forget to bring the outside in, with collected shells, sea glass or driftwood. This is my must have!
There are all kinds of ideas (with a little creativity!) to make over your space without spending a dime - have a great Monday everyone.