Perfect for summer and absolutely delish! I promise.
We live for summer fresh tomatoes and fresh garden produce at my house and absolutely had to try this recipe that Tom discovered in our most recent issue of Sunset Magazine (highly recommend this magazine by the way!)
Super easy with summer ingredients that are readily available at your local farm stand or at the grocery store. Plus - look how pretty, and elegant this Summer Tomato and Avocado salad is to serve!
- 1 sliced large English cucumber or several small Persian cucumbers
- 2 Medium Heirloom Tomatoes, cut into small wedges
- 3/4 - 1 pint of colorful cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 small ripe avocados, cut into thin slices
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro; leaves and stems included
- Kosher Salt
1. Layer larger tomato wedges and cucumber on a serving platter. Then layer on smaller halfed cherry tomatoes, followed by avocado slices
2. Mix together olive oil, soy sauce and rice wine vinegar until well blended and then drizzle over salad
3. Sprinkle sesame seeds and cilantro on top to give your pretty salad a gorgeous finishing touch!
4. Add Kosher salt to taste (might not need any)
You will most definitely will impress your beach home guests with your "culinary" skills!
(Adapted from Sunset Magazine July 2018 Issue)
P.S. Just in case you need some cool serving ideas - try out these fun serving utensils - perfect for gift giving too!
For more fun ideas for Serving Platters and Serveware - check out our Extensive Coastal Serveware Collection!