Got to thinking, what fun concoction can I whip up easily with what I already have in my fridge? Strawberries, basil, mint, lemon, cantaloupes, fresh peaches, ripe mangoes - ambrosia just waiting for a few ice cubes and a beautiful cocktail glass!
Here's a few summer cocktail recipes to try out this weekend! I love this time of year - my kitchen is full of farmer's market fresh veggies, herbs and summer fruit...
1. Fresh Strawberry-Basil Mojito
Sort of like a traditional mojito, using basil leaves rather than mint. Mint would work too, if you are not a fan of basil. Personally, I have both growing on my deck. Recipe is for 1 cocktail.
- 2 Basil Leaves - sliced
- 3 strawberries - sliced
- 1.5 oz light rum
- 1 oz. simply syrup or agave nectar
- 1/2 oz. fresh lime juice
- club soda and ice
Muddle basil leaves and strawberries with syrup at the bottom of the glass. Add the liquid ingredients, give a quick stir and add ice. Looks so yummy and refreshing!
2. Mango Mint Dacquiri
- 1/2 cup freshly cut mango (frozen will work too)
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup rum
- 3 sprigs mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
Whirl all ingredients in your blender until smooth, garnish with a slice of lime and a fresh mint leaf.
3. Skinny Cantaloupe Sorbet Cocktail
Looks super easy, and could be made with any fresh summer fruit - peaches, honeydew melons, maybe blackberries or strawberries too!
- 1.5 oz. Lemon Smirnoff Sorbet Light (this sounds fabulous - BevMo?)
- 2 oz. pureed cantaloupe melon
- .5 ounce fresh lemon juice
- .25 ounce agave nectar (or simple syrup)
Shake all ingredients in a cold cocktail shaker with ice. Strain into a martini glass. Garnish with a sprig of mint.
4. Make Ahead Raspberry Margaritas
(source for images and recipe - Ovenlove.com)
What a great idea! Make these ahead of time to just pull out of your freezer at a moments notice!
- 1 small container of raspberries
- 1 12 oz. can of frozen limeade concentrate
- 1 cup tequila
- 1/4 cup triple sec
- juice of 1 lime
- 3-5 cups of ice
- lime slices and salt for serving
- Place raspberries in a blender and process until smooth. Pour mixture through a mesh strainer over a small bowl to remove seeds and return the raspberry puree to the blender. Add limeade concentrate, tequila, triple sec and lime juice and blend until smooth. Add ice until the blender is full, and again blend until smooth.
- Pour into small mason jars, screw on lids and freeze.
- When you’re ready to serve, remove the margaritas from the freezer. Add a lime slice and serve!
5. Grown Up Popsicles
How perfect are these? Pretty cocktail glasses, fruity Popsicles and really good Prosecco!
Gotta Run - have to find some Popsicles!
P.S. I have a few ideas for the glasses too...
Post a Comment