Time to take a break - and try out some new fancy fall themed cocktails before our guests arrive in a few weeks. We have to make sure that we serve the best one, right?
1. Apple Pie Cocktail with Cinnamon Meringue - discovered at Design Sponge. Looks so yum! Can't wait to try this, am a sucker for bourbon and apple....
- 2 oz. bourbon
- 6 oz. warm apple cider - could simmer on stove or in crockpot. Love this idea; would also think about adding some nutmeg, cloves or cinnamon too!
- Cinnamon sticks and apple slices for garnish (oh! Just bought Honey Crisps!)
Pour warm apple cider in pretty glasses, add bourbon and garnish. Sounds delish and easy.
3. Pumpkin Pie in a Glass - talk about decadent! Discovered at Kitchen Meets Girl
Ingredients for 1 cocktail
- 2 parts Kahlua Pumpkin Spice (didn't even know that there was such a fabulous creation!)
- 1 part Hazelnut Liqueur
- 2.5 parts Heavy Cream
- 1 part pumpkin puree
- dash of pumpkin spices (1/4 teaspoon)
Mix everything together in a shaker with ice - shake it up and pour into an elegant glass.
4. Honeycrisp Apple Sangria Sounds perfect! Red wine, my favorite apples and brandy. YUM. Discovered on the very cute blog - Sally's Baking Addiction
- 3 cinnamon sticks (plus more for garnish)
- 2 honeycrisp apples, chopped
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 1 (750 ml) bottle red wine (don't use expensive wine - no need)
- 1 and 3/4 cups apple cider
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- juice from 1 lemon
- club soda, to taste
5. Apple Cider Mimosas - Elegant and so Fall Entertaining perfect! From the Cookie Rookie (terribly cute recipe blog!)
- Apple Cider
- Sprinkles for Glass Rim
- Apple Slices for Garnish
Gosh - not sure which one to start with first! Have a wonderful weekend -
P.S. Now the hard part.. which glasses to choose!
Pineapple Double Old Fashioned - a wonderful way to welcome guests!
Maybe for the Sangria - one of our fabulous tumblers!