have, playing in the sand, and not in front of the mirror. Besides my hair is always in my eyes - pretty difficult to look for sea glass or shells when my bangs are blowing in the way!
I have been spoiled for years by my friend James, owner of Sugar Daddy's Salon in Port Orchard, Washington. It is so bad, that I wait patiently until I go home to Seattle to have my hair cut and styled 4 times a year... I am such a baby. I haven't really tried very hard to find the right stylist here in California!
The last time I was home, James found me a new miracle hair care styling product so that I can actually "look" like I have just been at the beach - every day! And it works great for days when I do go to the beach for that messy-styled look, keeping my hair where it's supposed to go in the wind and salt air.
In my beach bag - Surf Spray from Bumble and Bumble!
I just spray it in my hair either when it's dry and needs a little extra "oomph", or when it's still damp and I am in a hurry running out the door. (always!)
Here's James' advice for how to get a great beachgirl look -
5 Easy Steps to Beachy Babeness!
(image courtesy of Bumble and Bumble)
1. Shampoo with BB Surf Foam Wash and condition with BB Surf Creme Rinse (rinse out immediately for the maximum sea-feel)
2. Towel dry and apply BB Surf Spray to the roots and ends
3. Scrunch a small amount of BB Grooming Creme to the ends
4. Twist hair away from face and blow dry
5. Finish with a misting of BB Surf Spray or polish the look with some outer barrel curls using your curling iron, and run hands gently through your hair to break up the curls
This is way more fun than spending more time trying to get gorgeous!