(photo credit to Cinnamon Girl Recipes)
fish market in Half Moon Bay to grab some prawns.
I used Cinnamon Girl's Recipe with a few twists - turned out DELISH! Tom and I were oohing, and ahhing throughout our dinner - maybe it was the wonderful bottle of Pagemill 2010 Chardonnay...
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested then half cut into thin slices and other half into wedges
- 3-4 fresh thyme springs, leaves removed
- sea or kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- linguine pasta (I like fatter pasta with this kind of sauce)
- 2 Tablespoons butter - NOT margarine
- 1 pound fresh shrimp, medium-sized, de-veined with tails off
- 1-2 cups of broccoli
- 3/4 cup sliced red pepper
- 5 cloves of garlic minced
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a glass 9 x 13 baking dish, combine olive oil, lemon zest and thyme. Olive oil should liberally cover the bottom of the pan, if it doesn't drizzle more in. Season with salt and pepper. Place in oven for 10-12 minutes, checking every few minutes - if it looks like it is getting too brown, remove and proceed to the next step.
2. Meanwhile, cook pasta. Drain and toss with a pat of butter or olive oil.
3. Remove pan from oven, add butter and swirl to melt. Add shrimp, broccoli, red peppers, garlic and the lemon slices. Don't squeeze the lemon slices - just add to the shrimp roasting mixture. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until prawns turn pink - check often, there is nothing worse than overdone prawns!
4. Remove roasted lemon-garlic shrimp mixture from the oven and dump into the pasta. Stir completely into the pasta, over low heat for just a few minutes with a few squeezes of fresh lemon and a dash more of olive oil.
5. Serve in your best pasta bowls with a really good french bread and a special white wine! No need for a salad if you've roasted the veggies with the shrimp.
Voila' - super easy, and super yummy. (P.S. These are my favorite pasta plates - vintage Vietri scooped up at a thrift shop for $5.00 each!)
In fact, this was so incredibly rich and delicious, we ate it all before I remembered to take any pictures for you. oops....
Today is our anniversary, and we will be heading into the city to have dinner at Scoma's, at Fisherman's Wharf. Will bring my camera and see if I can capture any cool shots of San Francisco tonight. Can't wait! I might even get out of my jeans and wear a dress for that cute boyfriend of mine....
Have a great Thursday everyone! If you click on the link above "Current Newsletter" - there's a FREE shipping coupon code for President's Day weekend.
New 18" x 25" over sized nautical napkins on our site!
Or these cute red-rock shrimp napkins would be cute to use too! Also generously over sized, and eco-friendly.